Town Trustee Meetings Move to Hybrid In-Person/Virtual Format Starting 4/12/21
San Juan County has been moved to Level Green on the State of Colorado COVID-19 Dial, and the Town of Silverton is implementing a hybrid in-person/virtual model for Town Board of Trustees meetings to allow limited in-person public participation starting on Monday 4/12/21. The policies outlined below comply with all state and county regulations. Parties who are unable or unwilling to follow these rules are prohibited from in-person attendance and must participate virtually via Zoom or watch Trustee meetings on YouTube.
Virtual Meeting Login:
Zoom Webinar Link: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/88637487127
By Telephone: Dial 669-900-6833 and enter Webinar ID 886 3748 7127 when prompted.
YouTube (live and recorded for later viewing, does not support public comment) www.youtube.com/channel/UCmJgal9lUXK5TZahHugprpQ
Rules for Current COVID-19 Dial: Level Green
- In-person attendance at Town Hall meetings hosted in the Trustee Chamber shall have no more than 75 attendees total due to the current hybrid meeting setup.
- All Staff, Trustees, attendees, and community members participating in-person are strongly encouraged to wear masks if not vaccinated.
- Due to installation of video conference equipment, some in-person seating may have obstructed views., in-person attendance for community members will be capped at 75 people.
- If you are sick or exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms (fever, chills, repeated shaking with chills, muscle pain, headache, sore throat, new loss of taste or smell) you are prohibited from attending meetings in-person.
- If you have been in close contact with a person suspected or confirmed to have COVID-19 within the past 14 days you should quarantine and are prohibited from attending meetings in-person.
- Individuals who have certain medical conditions or who are unvaccinated are encouraged to attend meetings virtually.
- Attendees should refrain from mixing and mingling with others prior to and following meetings.
- These policies apply to hybrid meetings of the Town Trustees. Other Town meetings may continue using a strictly virtual format. Check the relevant meeting agenda for instructions.
- The policies above are subject to change based on the evolving situation with COVID-19 and where San Juan County is on the COVID Dial. For more information on the COVID Dial visit https://covid19.colorado.gov/data/covid-19-dial-dashboard#restrictions.
Thank you for your cooperation in helping keep our community safe.
Town of Silverton Operations During COVID-19
In an effort to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission among community members, Town Hall and Staff have implemented mitigating procedures and have adjusted certain operating protocols to be able to continue offering all essential Town service while promoting public safety. Please read the following for details by department and be sure to access the Town’s website at www.colorado.gov/townofsilverton for important information and updates on COVID-19 related issues. Thank you, be safe, and stay healthy!
Town Hall is now open with regular hours from 9 am - 12 pm and 1 pm - 4 pm. All visitors are strongly encouraged to wear masks and maintain proper social distance when inside the building. Please note that some staff are continuing to work remotely. Their contact information can be found on the front door of the building or on the Town's website: www.colorado.gov/townofsilverton. While we are steadfastly seeking to effect cost savings, all of Town’s essential services will continue to be provided. For questions please call Kelli at 970-387-5522 ext. 1.
Public Works is currently operating normally with the addition of COVID-19 safety precautions. Staff vacancies are not being filled in an effort to save the Town money. As a result, the level of service that our customers normally enjoy will be reduced as critical functions like the water and wastewater systems will take priority over things like streets maintenance and customer service. For questions, contact John Sites at 970-946-6839.
All Planning Department work is being completed remotely. In-person meetings are not being scheduled at this time however phone and video conferencing appointments are available to keep projects moving forward. Applicants are instructed to mail their applications in, rather than deliver in person. Please contact Planning Director Lisa Adair with questions via cell phone 970-946-9408, home office landline 970-387-0500, or fastest response email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Building & Fire Code Inspections
Building inspections and fire code inspections will continue as normal, with appropriate personal safety and social distancing precautions in place, and in compliance with local and state Public Health Orders. Please contact Building Inspector Bill MacDougall at bmacdougall @silverton.co.us or 970-946-9031 with questions.
Facilities, Parks & Recreation
All Town facilities are currently open to the public including the Visitor’s Center, Columbine and Memorial Park restrooms, Town Hall, Silverton Library and Kendall Mountain Community Center. Snowmobile grooming will continue until grant funds are expended. Parks remain open to the public. We ask that all visitors to Town parks practice appropriate social distancing measures. For questions, contact Todd Bove at email@example.com.
The Community Relations department is operating remotely, ramping up critical communications functions and working closely with the Office of Emergency Management Recovery Team through this crisis. For customer service for facility rentals and special events please contact Deputy Clerk Nathan Baxter at firstname.lastname@example.org
This plan will be updated as needed, based upon the evolving situation.
Business Impact Survey Results
The Town of Silverton and Silverton Area Chamber of Commerce distributed a survey in May 2020 to business license holders and Chamber members to gather information about the challenges that Silverton and San Juan County businesses are experiencing as a result of the COVID-19 crisis.This input is helping the San Juan County Office of Emergency Management Economic Recovery Team and local officials to understand and address the needs of our local business community. The results of the survey are now available for viewing by clicking this link.
Free Masks & Sanitizer for Silverton Businesses
With grant assistance from the Help Colorado Now fund, the Town of Silverton recently purchased 10,000 masks and 25 gallons of hand sanitizer. These supplies are being made available to Silverton businesses at no charge. Local businesses are encouraged to contact Town Hall at 970-387-5522 to schedule a pickup or delivery of these items.
Online: Visit the COVID-19 page on San Juan County's website: https://sanjuancounty.colorado.gov/COVID19.
Email Updates: To sign up for San Juan County's COVID-19 email distribution list email email@example.com.
Public Alerts By Text Message: Sign up for the Nixle system to have public alerts texted directly to your phone. Simply text 81433 to 888-777.
Assistance By Phone: Call the Visitor's Center at 970-387-5654, daily from 10 am - 3 pm. The facility itself is currently closed to the public.