Building & Code Enforcement
The Town of Silverton’s Building and Code Enforcement Department is located in Town Hall. The Building Department issues all building permits and conducts inspections for construction and new businesses within the Town and County. The Town and County have adopted the 2006 versions of the International Code Councils: ICC/IBC/IRC.
The Code Enforcement Department handles complaints and violations in the Town and County pertaining to the Town of Silverton’s and San Juan County's Code Books. For further information please contact the Building/Code Department directly. To report code violations please use the Town's comment form. All code violations reports are kept confidential.
For applicable Building Department forms, please use the links below:
- Building Permit Application
- Building Permit Fee Schedule
- Building Department Requirements
- Certificate of Occupancy Requirements
- Certificate of Occupancy - Temporary Occupancy - Check List - Residential
- Builder's Handbook, A Guide to Silverton's Historic Style
Forms can also be found on the the Forms & Applications page.