San Juan Regional Planning Commission
The San Juan Regional Planning Commission is composed of a board jointly appointed by the Board of County Commissioners and the Town of Silverton Trustees. The purpose of the Commission is established in Sections 30-28-106, 30-28-107, 31-23-107 and 31-23-306, ColoradoRevised Statutes. Specifically, the Commission shall be empowered and required to:
- make and adopt a MASTER PLAN for the physical development of both the Town and County,
- make recommendations regarding changes to boundaries and development standards for zone districts and overlay zones for both the Town and County,
- make recommendations to the Silverton Board of Trustees and the Board of County Commissioners regarding the approval of subdivisions and plat amendments.
How To Participate:
The Planning Commission is a statutorily authorized board, appointed by the San Juan County Board of County Commissioners, that prepares and adopts the San Juan County Master Plan. The Planning Commission also reviews and makes recommendations concerning development applications within the county.
Planning Commission Meetings take place every 3rd Tuesday of the month at 7:00PM. When the regular meeting date falls on a holiday, the meeting will take place the next business day. Meetings typically take place at San Juan County Courthouse, 1557 Greene Street. All meetings are currently being hosted in a hybrid in-person/virtual format. The public may participate virtually as follows:
• Zoom Webinar Link: https://zoom.us/j/92136473203
• By Telephone: Dial 669-900-6833 and enter Webinar ID 921 3647 3203 when prompted.
• YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCmJgal9lUXK5TZahHugprpQ (live and recorded for later viewing, does not support public comment)
|Use Subject to Review||$300.00|
|Weekly Rental USR||$500.00|
|BA Zone Site Plan||$250.00|
|Flood Hazard Permit||$300.00|
|Slope Hazard Permit||$300.00|
|Avalanche Hazard Permit||$300.00|
|Subdivision Sketch Plan||$500.00|
|Subdivision Final Plat *||$840.00|
|* each additional lot if subdivision is over 5 acres||$125.00|